Advancing Translational Drug Discovery
InterVivo is committed to the ethical treatment of animals in our research. Our animal care and use program surpasses regulatory standards set out by the Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC) and the Ontario Animals for Research Act. Highlights of our Animal Welfare policy include:
- Animal use is certified by the CCAC’s standards of Good Animal Practice®
- Research facilities meet or exceed the requirements of the Animals for Research Act as governed by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Farms and Rural Affairs
- All research studies embrace the three Rs of research:
- Replacement with non-animal alternatives whenever possible
- Reduction in the number of animals used through precision in experimental design
- Refinement of the study to minimise the potential for distress to the animals involved and by enrichments in animal husbandry
- All studies and research procedures that require animals are reviewed by an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
NIH Public Health Service – OLAW – Animal Welfare Assurance
InterVivo Solutions has been approved for an Animal Welfare Assurance in compliance with the NIH’s Public Health Service (PHS) Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
With this assurance, InterVivo is qualified and able to provide services to researchers receiving grants and funding from the NIH.